Wednesday, March 7, 2012

is it possible?

for the umpteenth time, i watched Jane Eyre, the 2010 version with my fave actor, Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska.

one of the main draws of the film, aside to the fact that i love the (abridged version of the) book, was the timbre rich voice of Mr Edward Rochester Fairfax. especially during the scene where he confided to Jane:

"I have a strange feeling with regard to you, as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs tightly knotted to a similar string in you. And if you were to leave I'm afraid that cord of communion would snap and I would take to bleeding inwardly."

anyway, is it possible for me to like the story immensely just because i'm a fan of MF and yet not to be blinded by the mistake the director did by giving us a misdirection?

the moment Jane Eyre accepted the proposal, they were acting so intimate (as far as the period in concern), kissing all over the place, in public. which brings me to wonder, how could JE be so easily carefree with her affections and kisses as it was the only time she ever knew love? for sure Lowood school where she lived her life in Christian-strict environment. i should have thought that she would be more reserved..

or am i being a prude?


by the way, i've been waiting for this movie to come out. it is KIL by the name and features my fave Malay actor, Redza Minhat. perhaps due to the sensitive issue carried in its theme, the movie didn't come out at all as promised last year.. hmmm, enjoy the trailer though:



up date: it's coming out in March 2012. let's see..

No comments:

Post a Comment